Did you know that our SQL Collection category of reports found in Enhanced Web Reporting – EWR will allow you to do more than run reports?
Yes it is true! Once the SQL Collection is installed, you can also create a CM07 / CM12 collection with all of the PCs that have SQL installed on them.
Here is how you can use the SQL Collection to create a collection of all PCs with SQL 2005 Express installed on them.
High level steps:
- Create a Query just like you would for any other query
- Under the Criteria tab select ES_SQL05 – PropertyStrValue within Where
- Change Operator to is like
- Enter “%Express Edition%” within Value
- Next create a collection as you normally would using the query that you just created.
- Computer System
- Operating System
- Windows Experience Index
And, of course, SQL.