While testing new ideas for CM12, we found some interesting issues involving CM12 and collecting new hardware inventory classes. As such, we created a best practices guide for the Enhansoft team to follow. We thought that we would share it with you.
- Make sure that your SMS Group Name is unique
- Make sure that your SMS Class Name is unique
- Make sure that you use your own company name
- Not all WMI property types can be used by CM12, for example: Real32
- If you need backwards compatibility with CM07, watch out for the security bug on your Synonyms
- DON’T use any Microsoft existing classes – CREATE your own classes
READ MORE about SQL Synonym and CM12 Bug.