While reading the Microsoft forums, I saw a request about how to grant permission on Endpoint Protection reports. I thought that I would take the time to put together the steps in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM/ConfigMgr) 2012 for you.
- First, create an AD security group called Endpoint Protection Reports.
- Next, assign the appropriate users to the AD group.
- Create a security role to grant access to the following items:
- Antimalware Policy: Run Reports
- Firewall Setting: Run Reports
- Site: Read
- Finally, assign this security scope to the AD security group: Endpoint Protection Reports.
After that last step, you’re done!
In order to help make your life easier, I have exported the Endpoint Protection Reports security role. You can download and import it on your site. If you would like more details about the forum post, please see http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab56e725-b6ce-4f37-a362-67acb8f5515e/report-permissions.
Please let me know if you have any questions about how to grant permission to Endpoint Protection reports by leaving a note in the comment section below, or sending an email to Techtalk.