I wanted to manage my collection of mobile devices by using Intune with ConfigMgr 2012 (CM12), so I began by setting-up the Intune connector between my CM12 site and Intune. Next, I deployed the Company Portal to all of my test devices. I did this to test the inventory retrieval capabilities (both hardware and software) of Intune with my Android, Blackberry, iPhone, Windows Phone and Windows OS devices. My second test involved deploying applications to these same devices. Since I enjoy watching movies, I chose apps from Netflix, Crackle and Snag Films. I will use the Snag Films app to demonstrate how to create an application for different deployment types starting with Android.
1. In the CM12 Console, under Application Management | Applications, click on Create Application.
2. In the Type drop-down box, select App Package for Android on Google Play and then click Next.
3. Click on the Browse button.
4. Find your application within the Google Play store and then click OK.
5. Click on the Next button.
6. Click Next.
7. Fill in the application Name and click Next.
8. Click on the Next button.
9. Finally, click on the Close button.
The Snag Films application is now created with the first deployment type for Android. In my next blog post, I will show you how to add a second deployment type for iPhones.
If you have any questions about how to create an application for different deployment types, in this case Android, please let me know @GarthMJ or leave a note in the comment section below.