What is CMTrace?
By Garth Jones
CMTrace is a real time log file viewer for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (CM12). What makes CMTrace a must have tool?
There are numerous reasons, but here are a few of my favorites:
· Review log files in real time as they are updated.
· Merge multiple log files together at once.
· Highlight error messages in red.
· Highlight warning messages in yellow.
· Highlight text based on your own needs.
· Ability to look-up codes.
· Filter rows based on conditions.
I strongly encourage you to give CMTrace a try. Where can you find the latest version of CMTrace? Download the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Toolkit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36213
Stay tuned because in tomorrow’s blog post I will show you how to deploy CMTrace to your workstations and servers.