How to Setup Android 5.1 RC1 on Hyper-V
By Garth Jones
Not that long ago, I wrote a blog set about how to create an Android 4.4 R5 VM. Shortly after completing those posts, I stumbled across Android 5.1 RC1.
Why am I using these Android VMs? The answer is simple: I want to test ConfigMgr, Intune and all the cool features of Mobile Application Management (MAM) without having to use a physical device!
By the way, to create the VM itself, the steps are exactly the same for the Android 5.1 RC1 as they are for the Android 4.4 R5. If you want to read more about how to create the VM, check out my earlier blog post.
This post will take you through the steps on how to create an Android 5.1 RC1 VM.
2. Start the VM, and then select Installation.
3. Create a new partition.
4. Select No for GPT.
5. Select New.
6. Select Primary.
7. Use the full hard drive size.
8. Select Bootable.
9. Select Write.
10. Type yes.
11. Select Quit.
12. Select OK.
13. Select ext3.
14. Select Yes.
15. Select Yes to install boot loader GRUB.
16. Select Skip for EFI GRUB2.
17. Select No to the system directory.
18. At this point I like to reboot the VM to make sure everything is working great. Don’t forget to remove the ISO before rebooting.
Technically, the Android VM is installed at this point, but you still need to configure it. In tomorrow’s blog post I will take you through those steps.