By Garth Jones
With Microsoft Ignite 2017 just around the corner, I’ve compiled a list of 5 must-see Microsoft Ignite 2017 sessions!
First, though, there are a TON of sessions at Microsoft Ignite 2017. Your first stop should be this web page because here you will find a list of all of the sessions. As I write this post, there are already 1129 sessions! The best part of this list is that you can search for anything!
If you are a SCCM or Intune Administrator, you should narrow your must-see Microsoft Ignite 2017 sessions down to the following products:
A. Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) 58 Sessions
B. Microsoft Intune 39 Sessions
C. Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 9 Sessions
In my humble opinion, I think some of the EMS and Intune sessions should also be tagged with SCCM!
5 Must-See Microsoft Ignite 2017 Sessions
1. Matthew Hudson is a great presenter! This presentation will be an interactive session where he will answer all of your SCCM questions. System Center Configuration Manager best practices for the freshman
Description: Are you new to Configuration Manger or have you been using it for only few years and wish to see how others manage it? Are you looking towards others and their best practices? Here we discuss how companies of various sizes managed the different areas of systems management. Energy and education have different legal and function requirements. We discuss how each is implementing SCCM. Are you a seasoned expert? Stop by and impart your knowledge. The discussion is attendee-driven.
2. Another session not to miss is Learn how to use Microsoft Intune with the new admin console and Microsoft Graph API. Dave Randall will answer those nagging Microsoft Graph API questions about how to use it with Intune! I’m sure, though, that the first question Dave will answer is, “Why is it called Microsoft Graph when it is not graphical?”
Description: Join this session to learn tips and tricks with using the new admin experience for Intune on Microsoft Azure Portal. We also show you how to use PowerShell to manage and automate common Intune tasks using Microsoft Graph API.
3. In this session, System Center Configuration Manager overview and roadmap, Kerim Hanif is going to take us on a road trip!
Description: Join us in this session to learn about the latest developments in System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr), watch demos, and understand what is coming next.
4. David Elfassy will show you why certification is important in, Microsoft Certification 101.
Description: The ultimate badge of honor for IT professionals and developers is a modern Microsoft Certification. From starting out with your first Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) exam, to achieving your technology focused MCSA, and then reaching the high level of the MCSE; a Microsoft Certification is a representation of your skills to the world. This session highlight some of the key changes to the Microsoft Certification program, explores the various technology tracks, and provides an insightful look into the types of exam questions you will encounter. Attendees learn about the certification opportunities available onsite at Ignite, gain a better understanding of their certification options, and walk away with valuable exam taking tips.
5. WOW – this session is definitely a must-see! Peter Daalmans and Niall Brady at the same time! You can’t miss this session! Conduct a successful pilot deployment of Microsoft Intune
Description: Are you planning to deploy Microsoft Intune and looking for straightforward technical guidance to help you accelerate this effort? Please join us as we share our deployment experience working with customers from all over the world, covering Intune pilot planning, deployment and management. At the end of this session, you will have a solid foundation to deliver a successful Intune pilot deployment in your organization.
I hope you enjoy these 5 must-see Microsoft Ignite 2017 sessions! I would love to hear what you think, so since I will be in the Enhansoft booth (1246) during the conference, I will be watching your tweets!